Saturday, March 10, 2007

Barbados, here I come!

I'm off to a workshop on black holes and quantum information. Although I'll have network access you might not hear much from me for the next week or so :-)

Bellairs workshop schedule.

Update: As predicted, I haven't had much time to post about this meeting. It's been a wonderful chance to talk to quantum information theorists while enjoying the Caribbean. I don't know whether the high point has been the excellent talks (which have often gone 2 hours, due to the informal atmosphere), getting to meet well-known theorists like Don Page (a relativist whose papers I first read while in grad school) or Charlie Bennett (IBM Fellow and co-inventor of quantum teleportation), or swimming with turtles yesterday. I'll post some photos when I get back this weekend.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels